March 8, 2009

Follow Day to Day Technical help on Twitter


Twitter !! There is nothing new about it. But for me it's new. I heard about twitter long time ago but I didn't want to dig more about it. But with the growing popularity of twitter I decided to take a look at it.

Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service. It enables its users to send and read other users' updates (known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length. According to the Compete.com blog entry ranks, Twitter as the third largest social network (MySpace would be second and Facebook would be the largest in the world), and puts the number of users at roughly 6 million and the number of monthly visitors at 55 million.




So I have created a twitter profile for me from the twitter website. It was easy. But after that I have no idea what to do. My goal was promote my technical blog using twitter. So I have searched the internet to see how I can accomplish that. I found this nice article on problogger.net website. While reading that article I found that I can automatically send my blogs RSS feeds to twitter using twitterfeed. This is my first post after setting up the twitter account. I hope this will work for me.

Watch this video if you are new to Twitter also.


No comments:

Post a Comment